Prenuptial agreements can be the right thing for a couple with complex assets or for individuals who are business owners with employees counting on the continuity of the company.
A prenuptial agreement must meet certain legal requirements to be enforceable in Texas. Those requirements are:
- It must be in writing,
- Both parties must fully disclose their assets, and
- Both parties must enter into the agreement voluntarily.
Although prenuptial agreements can seem in bad taste or overly distrustful, there are instances where they make sense and can offer a measure of security for both parties. If you are interested in a prenuptial agreement, contact our attorneys today for a consultation.
In Downtown San Antonio
Contact R|G|P Today
Rogers Garcia Patton, PLLC
310 S St Mary's St #865
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Filing for Divorce: Managing Your Expectations February 16, 2018
- Why We Coach February 5, 2018
- Jessica Estorga Recognized by United Way of San Antonio January 26, 2018
- RGP gets DWI dismissed; Gives client a second chance January 26, 2018
- RGP Welcomes Jessica Estorga as New Partner January 25, 2018