For an immigrant to the United States, being here without proper documentation almost always comes with the danger of being removed from the country under our current immigration laws. Removal proceedings can come about in many ways. Sometimes undocumented individuals commit a petty crime and the Department of Homeland Security gets alerted of their undocumented status, which then initiates a quick moving process to deport that individual. Sometimes an individual applies to immigration for a benefit they do not qualify for and find themselves instead in removal proceedings. Often, a person entering unlawfully and encountered by immigration authorities will be facing removal.
The defense of deportation requires a detailed analysis into the facts and circumstances of each individual case. Like all relief from immigration, a person must meet certain criteria to defend against removal. An immigration attorney should analyze an individual’s case carefully and determine what the best course of action is.
Relief from Deportation can include:
- Cancellation of Removal for a Legal Permanent Resident
- Cancellation of Removal for Non-Resident
- Affirmative Relief
- Executive Action
- Discretionary Relief
RGP can help you and your family navigate the complex process of removal and help you defend against deportation. Please contact us at 210-540-3449, or by email, to set up a free initial consultation.
In Downtown San Antonio
Contact R|G|P Today
Rogers Garcia Patton, PLLC
310 S St Mary's St #865
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Let's Talk: Alberto Garcia Speaks with COFFEE July 18, 2018
- What is the difference between a CPS service plan and legal case? July 6, 2018
- Considerations when Child Protective Services “CPS” knocks at your door June 13, 2018
- Congress Takes A First Step in Justice Reform June 5, 2018
- Federal Judge Orders DACA Continues April 26, 2018